Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Christmas Shopping 2015

I just painted a picture for dd.

Peachy, I love that!! What an absolutely fabulous gift!

Thank you!

I finally bought a gift - I am having my maternal grandparents' names inscribed on the American Immigrant Wall of Honor at Ellis Island, and giving the certificate to my mom.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    I'm really struggling with this whole thing. No one in my family needs anyone else to buy them things. Well, except my brother and he is a black hole of need. So last year, we FINALLY got everyone to move to one thoughtful thing per person, except my mother who shops in catalogs for fun all autumn long and gets a pass (and the thrift gets a big January donation from us). But the perfect small thoughtful thing is HARD! My idea, so I'll figure it out, but man, I wish we had a family tradition of exchanging, I don't know, handmade cards or homemade foods or something.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    I'm really struggling with this whole thing. No one in my family needs anyone else to buy them things. Well, except my brother and he is a black hole of need. So last year, we FINALLY got everyone to move to one thoughtful thing per person, except my mother who shops in catalogs for fun all autumn long and gets a pass (and the thrift gets a big January donation from us). But the perfect small thoughtful thing is HARD! My idea, so I'll figure it out, but man, I wish we had a family tradition of exchanging, I don't know, handmade cards or homemade foods or something.
    The past few years, dh and dd have given me so much stuff. I hate to say it, but some of it is just crap given solely for the purpose of me having more items to open. I told them a few months ago that gift giving this year will be drastically reduced to a few thoughtful gifts. I reiterated that to dh last night. He came home from work last week, and this little round plastic Minion thing fell out of his pocket. It's supposed to be a like a piggy bank, but this thing is so small that it can't hold more than four quarters. He said that it was supposed to be a stocking stuffer. During our conversation last night, I used that an example to dh. What the hell am I supposed to do with that kind of stuff?! I don't need/want it, yet I feel guilty for throwing it away. I tried to suggest we exchange at least one homemade gift, which dd was all for, but dh has vetoed that idea. Maybe he'd be on board next year if he had more time to think of something. In the meantime, I'll just send dh the link to my Amazon wishlist.

DH just bought NEW carving skis.
    His Xmas is SO DONE. LOL