Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Jessica Jones coming to Netflix

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    Watching 13 right now
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Let's take a trip to the stars Steffy's Avatar
    I started Broadchurch last night, then I think I'll watch this.

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    I can't decide who is more intimidating - Kilgrave or Fisk. Fisk is more physically imposing, and not at all hesitant to beat the crap out of someone with a car door, but the fact that Kilgrave could make you beat the crap out of yourself with the same car door is pretty scary!
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Killgrave is just sadistic, I cringed when he told the two servants to tear each other's face off if Jones and himself didn't return in two hours.

I also cringed at the scene where Jones walks into his apartment and that guy was trying to make Killgrave's father disappear from the face of the earth.

Ann Landers

Finished watching this last night. I loved it. David Tennant was amazing in this. Of course, I am biased because he is my favorite Doctor, but I thought he played Kilgrave so well.

Saddle up--we have a trail to blaze! Glorie's Avatar
    I've watched 4 episodes, I really like it. I'm watching it with my daughter, so I'll wait until she comes home for Christmas to finish it up.

It has given me a new fave saying: "It's people like you that give people like you a bad name!"

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    I blew through this in 3 days. Loved it so, so much! I loved that Simpson couldn't get that he wasn't the hero; I loved Jessica and Trish trying to both protect and support each other while also feeling a sense of competition; I loved that they didn't shy away from the fact that Kilgrave raped Jessica and Hope and other women; loved the sex scenes (although just because he's behind her doesn't mean it's anal sex. That's what the comic implied, I guess, but come on, people! There are more PIV positions than missionary and cowgirl!)

I'm not a Dr Who fan, so my exposure to Tennant is Broadchurch, Blackpool and Harry Potter. I thought he was just perfect as the charming sociopathic villain, maybe one of the best comic book villain portrayals ever.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

Yeah the comic implied it because of what she said and then her facial expression during it lol.

Ann Landers

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    Yeah, I've read it. Her words about "something different" seem clear. Not as clear in the show unless you know the comic and is it right to rely on the source material for that implication when they don't follow the comics in so many others? Anyway, small point. Great show.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.