Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Peterson and The Staircase

No. They were both out by the pool sitting and chatting and having wine. The dogs were out there with him. She told him that she had to get up early for work, so she went into the house and he stayed out there by the pool with the dogs.

When he went inside the house, that's when he found her laying at the bottom of the stairs in a pool of blood, unconscious.

Aaaahh.

So the owl expert supposed that the owl was in the house? That sounds more sketchy that plausible now

And really, I'm not convinced that he didn't kill her. But there is no way I believe the prosecution case about how he allegedly did it. Yes, she had some cuts in the back of her head that make me wonder how that could possibly happen from a fall down the stairs, but no skull fractures at all. It's impossible to beat someone to death on the head using some type of murder weapon and not fracture the skull in some way. She had no skull fractures and no bruising or damage to her brain at all. Just the cuts on the back of her head.

Not to mention, there was no cast off blood on the ceiling or higher up on the walls from a beating either. Having seen many crime scene photos of beatings, it is impossible to beat someone with a murder weapon and not have cast off blood all over the place.

And after watching the update about all the stuff the blood expert did, I really cannot see how the prosecution could possibly recover and have anyone believe beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it. It was that damaging to their case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Aaaahh.

So the owl expert supposed that the owl was in the house? That sounds more sketchy that plausible now
    Right. I think that was just someone who looked at the autopsy photos and said, "hey that looks like an owl attack" without any regard for the rest of the evidence.

Well, there were owl feathers.

Depending on the layout of the house and pool, and where he may have been outside, it's possible he wasn't aware of an Owl attack.
    I apologize for my previous signature.

I still have them turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by WQ View Post
    Well, there were owl feathers.

Depending on the layout of the house and pool, and where he may have been outside, it's possible he wasn't aware of an Owl attack.
    Where were there owl feathers? There were no owl feathers in the house on the staircase nor any owl feathers used as evidence during the trial.

Huh. There was no mention of these owl feathers or an owl attack in either documentary that I just watched. But reading this, it actually does make sense. The defense had said that Kathleen had slipped in her blood, so of course the first thing I did was google crime scene photos and she does indeed have blood on the bottom of her feet. And really, there is no other plausible explanation for those head wounds without skull injury.

This is a good article about the owl theory. I'd wonder why Michael didn't hear her being attacked, but that could potentially be explained because he was out by the pool which has one of those fountains and it was pretty loud. In any event, a microscopic owl feather clutched in her hand with some of her hair is pretty compelling.

Yeah there were owl feathers. While they could have come from walking through trees, they support a theory even if it's not enough to convict the owl.
    I apologize for my previous signature.

I still have them turned off.

I don't know anything about this case, but I may have to check it out! :)