Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2015- Revert Edition!

What are you reading 2015- Revert Edition!

I'm reading Outlander - which is a re-read for me. I read it first about 10 years ago and started the 2nd one but was disappointed. I've decided I'm going to try again. I thought the series was finished but now I think it's not so I'm a little annoyed I didn't wait . I'm also reading Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden. It has to be one of the most stressful books I've ever read. I have to do it in small hunks or I get too stressed out.

In the Outlander series, the slowest one for me was The Fiery Cross. The first is still my favorite, but I really enjoyed the most recent one.

I'm reading Kami Garcia's Unbreakable and the nonfiction Founding Grammars.

I'm reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    The Great Detective : the Amazing Rise and Immortal Life of Sherlock Holmes. It's a quick read but slow going for me as I keep stopping to research things like Cremona Gardens and read old issues of The Idler on Gutenberg.Org
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

What am I NOT reading? I have 5 books going right now.

Kidnapped by R.L. Stevenson
    Spark by John J Ratey
    Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi
    Night Shift by Stephen King
    The Stand by Stephen King

Kidnapped is for Matthew's English class. Spark is for Matthew's Health class. Stones is because a friend loaned it to me. It is not grabbing me. The Stephen Kings are re-reads. I am reading the uncut version of The Stand.

I just finished Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.

I'm reading all of the Outlander books, all in a row on my Kobo. I had to look up which book I'm in the middle of, I never see the cover. Apparently it's the Fiery Cross. A bit dull compared to the previous ones, but readable. Binge reading them really makes certain phrases stick out. And she talks about Jamie's hair a lot, it's practically a character on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimm View Post
    . Stones is because a friend loaned it to me. It is not grabbing me. .
    I had a librarian friend recommend that to me, she thought it was brilliant. I didn't finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nansel View Post
    I'm reading all of the Outlander books, all in a row on my Kobo. I had to look up which book I'm in the middle of, I never see the cover. Apparently it's the Fiery Cross. A bit dull compared to the previous ones, but readable. Binge reading them really makes certain phrases stick out. And she talks about Jamie's hair a lot, it's practically a character on its own.

I had a librarian friend recommend that to me, she thought it was brilliant. I didn't finish it.
    Yeah. The story is not bad but it is not written in an engaging manner.

A Reliable Wife By Robert Goolrick. A book club book, I'm enjoying

Quote Originally Posted by Nansel View Post

I found that when I binge read ASOIAF - there were lots of phrases that made an appearance over and over again. I felt like you start a drinking game revolving around the appearance of "small clothes" with extra shots taken when someone "pissed their small clothes" . I binge read the All Souls Trilogy earlier in the summer and, while I enjoyed it, there was a phrase she used over and over again (that I can't remember now) that started to annoy me. It was the way she referred to the male lead - she used it so often it practically became like a title

The Return of Captain John Emmet. I am doing a trial of Kindle Unlimited and this was one of the books. Thinking that $10 a month, might be a bit easier on the wallet than the $50+ per month I had been spending on books.