Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vroom! vroom!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    I read the question and my answer aloud to M and he said "why isn't your first response to look at me and say 'who ARE you'"?
    Exactly.

Well first there would be a significant discussion about that fact that he bought a motorcycle without us discussing it. But assuming that's not what you wanted to debate, I'd have a serious issue with him not taking basic precautions. I'd explain to him that it is important to me that he wear a helmet, and hope that would be enough to convince him, since he's generally a reasonable man. Beyond that, I might set my sister lose on him with her coroner stories about motorcycle deaths. After that, if he still didn't come around, I'd be pretty hurt because once I made it clear that it was truly important to me, the fact that he'd still ignore my wishes for no good reason (since I can't see him having a good reason not to wear protective gear) would signify something greater than just an issue over a helmet.

Well, hypothetically, I would do the same as CG.

In reality, Doug had a motorcycle when we met, he always wore his helmet, and he sold it two years ago.

I wouldn't be thrilled if he bought a motorcycle but I'd seriously judge him as an individual and a parent if he chose not to wear a helmet. My respect for him would plummet and it's hard to imagine how that would affect our relationship.

I wouldn't care about anything except the not wearing a helmet.
    He can buy whatever he wants, but I would insist he wears a helmet.
    Other than that, I couldn't force him to.
    Thankfully my DH isn't an idiot, though.

Like everybody else said get extra life insurance with disability. I see a lot of motorcycle riders on the highway here without helmets. We also have a lot of riders who like to fly in between cars in traffic.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I love riding motorcycles. But, whereas I'm not worried about me, others scare the shit out of me. I don't love helmets, either. Because I think you're safer if something happens, but peripheral vision is markedly worse. So, it's always been difficult for me.

I keep my M class license, but don't ride. At least until after kids are all grown. And then Jamie and I may talk.

I don't think they're inherently dangerous, per se, but the risk is most assuredly elevated.

Last week there was a guy who got seriously hurt on the street outside my work, it must have been bad because they closed down the street. From the looks of it and the damage on the car's front side I bet the driver was texting and hit a rider passing by,.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I would immediately make an appointment with the neurologist, because I'm pretty sure there would be a brain tumor or something - dh has only made one million comments about stupid old guys on motorcycles, with or without helmets.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I would tell him he was stupid.
    This.