Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jonbenet...... well, isn't this a surprise

:gg

I don't know that there will ever be a conviction in this case.

Feminist since age three! Marian Paroo's Avatar
    There won't. I wish I could believe in Divine Justice and crap like that, and even if i did, I would still want to to see justice on earth

That is a fascinating case legally and "investigatively". I don't know that it will ever be solved.

I do agree that it was a murder and an attempt was made to make it look like a kidnapping. Why though is the mystery. The body was in the house. Very strange. Maybe the perpetrators intended to move the body later?

Mare - I have a great book about cold cases that were solved 20, 40 years later. But i don't think this is going to be one of them.

I always thought it was the brother, then the parents covered it up to "spare " their remaining child. I bet it wasn't easy as a 9 year old boy growing up in the shadow of a 5 year old sister that was adored and the mother's favorite. It couldn't have been the mother she loved that little girl way to much. And if it was the father then the mother would've left him eventually. It had to be the brother.

Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfFlavor View Post
    I always thought it was the brother, then the parents covered it up to "spare " their remaining child. I bet it wasn't easy as a 9 year old boy growing up in the shadow of a 5 year old sister that was adored and the mother's favorite. It couldn't have been the mother she loved that little girl way to much. And if it was the father then the mother would've left him eventually. It had to be the brother.
    One of my theories is that the brother killed her by accident in a childish jealous rage, and the parents doctored the body to make it look the way he did.

Wasn't it determined she died by strangulation? I can't imagine a 9 year old doing that. She also had semen stains on her underwear, and the DNA was no one in the family, correct?

If I'm not mistaken, there was blunt force trauma to the head, which would have killed her eventually, but then, after a couple of hours, someone came back and strangled her, making strangulation the official cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by beccaphel View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, there was blunt force trauma to the head, which would have killed her eventually, but then, after a couple of hours, someone came back and strangled her, making strangulation the official cause of death.
    That, I think the brother clonked her over the head and then she was pretty much gone, but then strangulation - maybe she was screaming or crying and he didn't want the parents to hear so he was trying to keep her quiet.