Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez Trial

Aaron Hernandez Trial

I can't watch the entire thing live, but HLN is having Joey Jackson show clips in the afternoons! Anyone else watching?

I watched yesterday. The judge ruled that surveillance video of the police parking lot IS admissible, even if Hernandez was sitting with his lawyer in said lawyer's car, because most people would assume they were being filmed there, and the police have every right to be there and to film the parking lot. It does not fall under attorney client privilege. Quoted case law, too! Therefore, video of Hernandez destroying a cell phone will be admissible.

Yesterday seemed more about the physical evidence, with who took what pictures and the chain of authority those were taken.

The big question is whether or not Hernandez' fiancee will testify. The prosecution has given her immunity, and she's all ready been charged with perjury, so I'm curious if she'll say anything. The prosecution believes she took the murder weapon (gun) from their home and put it in a bag and disposed of it, but she "forgot" where!

Yesterday we saw a video of Hernandez's fiancee taking out the trash the day after the murder and putting it into her sister's car and disposing of it (even though they have maid service, and presumably, trash service as well). When asked about it, she says she does not recall which dumpster she took the bag to.

We also have this pic, which is taken a few minutes before the murder, from Hernandez's same home surveillance video, that the prosecution says is AH holding a gun, but which the defense says is a cell phone. Um, yeah. No gun has ever been found (according to the DA, because the fiancee threw it away in a dumpster, but she can't remember where).

Thanks for the updates!

They're showing it on HLN? I'll have to tune in when I'm home. I didn't realize HLN was still showing trial coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    They're showing it on HLN? I'll have to tune in when I'm home. I didn't realize HLN was still showing trial coverage.
    It's not like they covered trials before, but they will show clips. Joey Jackson takes over the Daily Share every afternoon for "Justice Mode" (I want to say around 3pm?) and reports on current trials (right now, Hernandez and the American Sniper). The Hernandez trial is also being live streamed on Wild About Trials.

Is there a link to the live stream?

That is not a cell phone. It clearly has a bend in it, rather than being a flat item, and there are little protrusions from it (trigger and whatever you call the thing used to cock it --cocker?).

That the best the defense could come up with is to claim that is a phone is pretty telling. Dude is standing there with a gun. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, in my mind.

Livestream link. Ballistics guy on the stand now.

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/trial_...z-live-stream/

I'm on a cellphone and I can tell that's no cellphone. That's a gun.
    I solemnly swear the words in this post are mine own, and not the work of any third party, corporeal or otherwise, unless they are quoted with citation.