Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez Trial

So Hernandez kissed the nanny two days before the murder. This is somehow relevant to the murder because... Oh, that's right, it's not! :gg I'm not sure why we had this evidence, but whatever.

We also saw texts of messages AH sent to his fiancee, directing her to box behind a TV that their 5mo dd liked to play with in the tub, according to AH's text. The prosecution believes it was a text asking the fiancee to dispose of the gun. I will say, I *always* kept my kids' bath toys in the basement behind my TV when they were younger... :gg

They did also have a valet at a hotel say he saw AH with a gun in the waistband of his pants. On cross, they tried to get him to say he wasn't sure it was a gun, or that he was too far away. On redirect, in reference to the defense saying that what is on the surveillance pics could be a cell phone or a TV remote, the witness was asked if he knew what a TV clicker was. He said he was aware, and was then asked if AH had a TV remote in the waistband of his pants. The witness was laughing but said, "No!"

I still want to hear from the fiancee!!!

The Glock expert got on the stand to testify that the item AH is holding ten minutes after Odin Lloyd is shot is, in fact, a Glock handgun, and proceeds to explain with the pen where each part of the gun in AH's hand would be (this is the end of the slide right here, and the is what we call the... etc.). He then stands up and shows the jury with his own Glock gun. It was pretty telling. It looks like the defense is going to try and say it's not the murder weapon, but it's taken ten minutes after the killing, on AH's own home surveillance.

Prosecution is going to the Supreme Judicial Court to overturn the judge's ruling that AH's friend who heard about and felt the gun should be allowed to testify (I'm not so sure about letting a friend who never saw, only felt, a gun wrapped in a shirt, testify. I agree with bitchy judge on that one!). They also want to overturn the judge's decision to not allow them to discuss the "friend" of Aaron Hernandez's that was shot between the eyes (and lived) over a Miami bar bill. The prosecution says that since the defense argued in opening that AH wouldn't hurt a friend, they have opened the door for that testimony (I disagree with bitchy judge on this one. I think they did open the door.).

Hernandez's fiancee is on the stand now!
    http://www.wildabouttrial.com/trial_...z-live-stream/

I need to catch up!

So what did she say? She talking or in jail?

She's not finished. lol

She said they did have a gun that was kept in some drawer, and that she gave AH "a look" when she first found it. Was asked if it was the same gun as was shown in the surveillance pic (which she said just looked like a black blob). Said the gun was black and about that size. Doesn't know where it is now, not in the drawer any more.

She and AH went to dinner hours before Lloyd was murdered and were laughing and drinking and having fun with friends. (HLN says both sides will use that to show that he's either cold and calculating or that he couldn't possibly be that happy before murdering his 'friend').

She saw AH and the two men prosecutors believe were with AH when the murder happened leave in the early hours of the morning of the murder, and then went to bed. Wasn't sure if AH came to bed that night, but he wasn't there when she got up at 6 or 7am, was downstairs playing with their daughter.

AH was asked to go to the police station that evening, and she drove him.

AH asked her to give one of the two men he was with that night some money, so she met one of them at McDonald's and drove to her bank. He asked for more than $500, but she didn't remember how much, but she only gave him $500 because she couldn't get more out of her ATM.

Was asked about the text that prosecutors believe is AH asking her to get rid of the gun... Something about getting the black box that's behind the TV in the basement-- the box that is the toy that Avielle, their 7month old dd, always plays with in the tub. She said she didn't understand the text, but she did text him back about the TV. Said they did not keep Avielle's bath toys behind the TV.

We were just about to get to the video of her removing the large trash bag, just moments after the strange text that she "didn't understand," when the judge told the jurors to suspend their minds. A bit of fireworks when the fiancee's lawyer said that she couldn't come back on Monday and that the direct was taking much too long and should be over. The judge was having none of that and said she'd see the fiancee on Monday.

Sorry. My "just a sentence or two" turned into a short novel! Today was good, even though the fiancee seemed to not know or not remember a lot of things.

Hernandez's "friend" who was allegedly shot in the face by Hernandez testified today, but was not allowed to mention getting shot in the face by AH! Sometimes I hate the "no prior bad acts" rule.

Tomorrow the medical examiner is supposed to take the stand, and will likely testify that the last two shots (there were six shots in total) were fired while Lloyd was laying face up on the ground. Then the prosecution is expected to rest. The defense does not think they will be very long, as Hernandez isn't expected to take the stand.

Guilty! http://deadspin.com/aaron-hernandez-...4554/+tcberman

Now on to murder trial number two?
    I solemnly swear the words in this post are mine own, and not the work of any third party, corporeal or otherwise, unless they are quoted with citation.

What a waste. So sad

Quote Originally Posted by Niobe View Post
    Guilty! http://deadspin.com/aaron-hernandez-...4554/+tcberman

Now on to murder trial number two?
    According to CNN, the decision carries with it a life sentence with no parole, so why waste the time and considerable tax money? Stick a fork in him; he's done.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."