Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If your child has SN and/or an IEP

boring prudish virtue signaler stellarfeller's Avatar
    Well, I can understand that the government would want some oversight and new forms submitted every few years, because it's a not-inconsequential amount of money that they pay out every month - knowing how some people game the system, I'm glad that they ask us to do that, even if it's a pain in the bum
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

B's mom kept every diagnostic test, IEP, and psych evaluation from early childhood through his late teens filed in a box that she gave to B a couple years ago. It's a crazy amount of paperwork, but the odds of replacing decades old records are pretty low, so it seems best to just keep it all.
    I solemnly swear the words in this post are mine own, and not the work of any third party, corporeal or otherwise, unless they are quoted with citation.

boring prudish virtue signaler stellarfeller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niobe View Post
    B's mom kept every diagnostic test, IEP, and psych evaluation from early childhood through his late teens filed in a box that she gave to B a couple years ago. It's a crazy amount of paperwork, but the odds of replacing decades old records are pretty low, so it seems best to just keep it all.
    Yeah, as Michelle and Yogagirl pointed out, you never know when you might have to produce the original of a specific diagnosis or assessment or what have you.
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Is it a Canadian thing to keep all this paperwork? So far I have only had to deal with the public school. Who is everyone sharing these records with?
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cgdh View Post
    Is it a Canadian thing to keep all this paperwork? So far I have only had to deal with the public school. Who is everyone sharing these records with?
    It might be.

I've needed Roxy's dx to enrol her in a preschool intervention, an autism school, with a SN designation into public school, and for her disability tax credit and related stuff for the federal tax agency. I imagine I'll need it again when she ages out and becomes eligible for new adult programs. I assume it weeds out those who self-diagnose their kids?
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

I only save the IEPs from previous years. The rest I toss. I save progress reports for the current year.