Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Need a Budget

You Need a Budget

It's been mentioned here before (I think by Mo) and tpatt said he uses it.

We just downloaded YNAB software and have been using it for two weeks, and LOVE it. It takes everything I ever wanted to do, and makes it automatic and easy. I am super in love.

NEVERtrump
    I like it too, though I did sort of stop using it because I got lazy. I needed to make more complex categories so I could plan ahead better (dh gets paid every two weeks while I get paid the 15th and 30th, so our pay days are all over the place!), and I ended up just not doing it. I want to get back to it though. It really set my mind at ease being able to see what we had left to spend in each category.
    “Saying John Lewis isn’t a man of action is like me saying: ‘Donald Trump is all tax returns, no tweets.’” Trevor Noah

Countdown the the End of An Error

It's super popular in the personal finance board I am part of.

Yeah it is calming for me because I can see my finances visually and be proactive rather than reactive when I used something like Mint. It can be overwhelming at first trying to learn it
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I'm just not a budget person which is crazy because I love spreadsheets . I'll use spreadsheets to track everything but the few times I've tried budgeting and/or food tracking I go all .

It's like a weird flaw - track all the walking I do? Sure! The books I read? Sure! The money I spend or the food I eat? Are you crazy?

Well since you have to track every dollar spent and give every dollar a "job" I spend less because I don't want to have to track as much
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

boring prudish virtue signaler stellarfeller's Avatar
    I looked at the app, and it says that you need the desktop software that costs $60 - did you guys buy the software, too, or are you just using the trial version?
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

You Need a Budget

I tried the trail version and then bought it, the desktop version I mean. The app syncs with Dropbox so the PC version is where you do the bulk of the budget modification/creation

Ann Landers

I started using it years ago but had to stop when we moved to the UK because I couldn't figure out how to do both dollars and pounds within the same budget. I might take a look again and see if I can work out a solution, because I really like their method.

I downloaded the app but I can't seem to remember my Dropbox password. Why does this need to access Dropbox anyway?
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"