Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You Need a Budget

It stores your data in Dropbox so that you can access your budget from your phone or tablet.

The more I use it, the more I'm madly in love.

And if you're in college, it's free until you're done! http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/2...lege-students/

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Chalmers View Post
    It's been mentioned here before (I think by Mo) and tpatt said he uses it.

We just downloaded YNAB software and have been using it for two weeks, and LOVE it. It takes everything I ever wanted to do, and makes it automatic and easy. I am super in love.

It has changed my life.

I'm off to google "Quicken vs YNAB" since I know nothing about YNAB. Can anyone here fill in the blanks and tell me what you like about one program more than another?

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    I used to use Mint. So far, I like YNAB because it was easy to add my banking information.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

We are still using it, and really REALLY like it. And now I'm being all obnoxious and sending the link to all the new nurses I'm training.

Just looked at our spending report for the year so far and we need to stay the hell out of Target.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

FYI in case anybody is still using YNAB (we are) but they are switching their software model and I kinda have no choice but to switch eventually.

They announced it last year unofficially through their forums, I guess they didn't want to kill sales of their current software if people knew it was a dead end product. YNAB is going to an app and web based model. It makes sense since it was depending on third party cloud services to sync (Dropbox,iCloud). They are adding some new features that I like but the new model is a subscription based model, monthly or yearly fee. Something like 50 bucks a year I guess.

I am fine with that but they said you can keep using the current YNAB 4 program as long as the "operating system support its" AKA if Microsoft or Apple changes something and breaks it then you are SOL. The new YNAB is supposed to exit beta pretty soon I guess

http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/2...f-ynab-survey/
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Well that's disappointing.

I just learned that YNAB is free for students. You just have to email them something that shows your name, the name of your school, and that you are currently enrolled. I sent a screenshot of my school's online portal. Within about a day, I got an email with a code that allowed me to set it up for free. You have to re-up it every year (sending another proof of enrollment). I've been curious about it, and this is what got me to pull the trigger. So far, it seems like too much work but we'll see.