Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Grocery spending 2014

Yes! I spent $1000 for my CSA share, the 12 month plan. And then I order a la carte most months for meat and honey and eggs.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

There are more than a few of us here who didn't even need to think why the total was so high for that one month. It is amazing to think of how long so many of us have been posting together on various boards! What...15 years or so?

I don't track closely because I just include all groceries and sundries in one category, so an estimate would be $400 per month for the three of us (I buy all the kid's groceries).

I spend about 100 to 150 a week on groceries- for 2 to 3 people. That does not count eating out, which we do at least once a week.

With eating out it's probably 200.00/week.

I am going to try and keep track for the month of february. I am not a very organized or pre-planning type of person.

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    We keep our grocery receipts for some reason, and now I'm glad we do Every once in a while, I'll toss a bunch in the garbage, but I just looked at the oldest one, and it's from June 23 of last year.

I figured that, on average since last June, we've spent about $120/week on groceries, cleaning and personal supplies, etc. That's pretty good for a family of four.
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

I'd venture to say that we spend between $150-$250 per week on just groceries. We don't eat a lot of processed anything and like some, we will buy fruit regardless of it's season. Husband loves seedless purple/black grapes and can really tear through them, so I'll usually get a couple of bags at a time of those. Things like that add up. Eating out is another story altogether. We eat out a couple of times a week and it can vary from very casual to very upscale. Just depends on what we're in the mood for.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andee View Post
    I am going to try and keep track for the month of february. I am not a very organized or pre-planning type of person.

You just going to keep receipts and add? I'm interested in getting a better handle on where all the $$$ goes, but haven't found an easy way in to budgeting. Mint can't get its shit together with my bank. I try every few months.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

No groundhogs; just prairie dogs RobinAnn's Avatar
    I use Quicken for tracking but a simple spreadsheet for budgeting. I've never taken the time to figure out the budget feature on Quicken.