Thread: A savings challenge I've been thinking of

A savings challenge I've been thinking of

I have been spending a bunch at the local restaurant on campus. I have a pact with a coworker to only go on Fridays. So I was thinking of this: every time I go that was not already planned, it not only costs from my allowance for the meal, but I will put the same amount into our savings, but it could work toward debt or a specific goal. That will make the price hurt a bit more. What do you think? Anyone interested in joining me? I think I'm going to do this until I go away in April as a way to break the habit.

I might extend it to impulse purchases, too.

We did something similar a few years ago. We wanted a Wii. We could afford a Wii - but we wanted to save for it. So every time we wanted to go the pub and didn't we put it in the Wii fund. Sometimes we chose to go the pub anyways - which delayed getting the Wii but we made that choice. I think it was a good lesson for ds as well about delayed gratification.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    I'm in. I'm not sure what indulgence though. Because looked at one way, everything except basic groceries & household bills are unnecessary. I literally need nothing new.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

I think we should all save for a big get together where is this year's meet supposed to be??

Premier Sponsor
    I will do after school snacks/drinks enroute home any day except Friday treat day.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error