Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl troubles

This happened to me in middle school, and even though I was a child, I still consider it to be one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with. Middle school girls are just MEAN. Even if they aren't mean down deep inside, they act mean because if you can't beat em, join em. It's scary to stand up to the mean girls.
    In my case, I went to a very small school, and a new girl joined. All the rest of us had been together since Kindergarten. The new girl took a liking to MY bff since I was 4 years old, and made it her mission to make everyone hate me, so she could have my bff. And it worked. That entire school year, all the girls hated me. It was miserable, and the longest year of my life. My mom considered homeschooling me many times, but financially she couldn't. I don't think it would have made anything better, anyway.
    Weirdly enough, that girl and I worked things out a few years later, when we were older. She gave me a heart felt apology and really regretted treating people the way she did, and we became the best of friends until she moved away a few years later.

I don't have any advice that hasn't already been said. Maybe sign her up for something, and ask her to give it a chance. Give it 4 weeks. If she still hates it after 4 weeks, she can quit. But maybe what happened to Kasi will happen to her. She'll feel scared and insecure, and then POP, something clicks, and she sees it! Plus it gives her interaction with kids that aren't in that mean girls group.
    Where to find me
    My Etsy Shop

Thank you all.

I am just so angry at those little bitches. I know they are young, but damn, what is it about girls that can make them so vicious? DD and I talk all the time about stuff like this. I'm glad she comes to me. I really, really hope she's not been like this to other girls. I know realistically she probably hasn't been the nicest, but no mom wants their kid to be "that kid".

Tiny Heart - Big Nuggets TheChicken's Avatar
    Girls!! :gah

I got bullied a lot in school. I was shy.

I loved to sing but wouldn't in front of people I knew. Then I joined drama club and did all the musicals. It helped a LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's she doing, Mare? This happened to me in 7th grade and it was very hard. I was eventually pulled into another, nicer group, but it was tough going. My mom went to school to meet with the other girls' parents, which I was touched by, but that only made things worse. As others have said, I would just focus on other activities and try to arrange get togethers with girls from other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    How's she doing, Mare? This happened to me in 7th grade and it was very hard. I was eventually pulled into another, nicer group, but it was tough going. My mom went to school to meet with the other girls' parents, which I was touched by, but that only made things worse. As others have said, I would just focus on other activities and try to arrange get togethers with girls from other groups.
    She spent some time with a different girl outside the group yesterday. Some of the neighbor kids are over (not the girl she's feuding with), and I heard them discussing the situation. It seems like these other girls are not well liked.

I hope DD stays away from them. I think she's realizing it's not fun to be in with a clique when so many other people think the clique is a bunch of bitches.

I'll take the crust in peace. Kasi's Avatar
    Well that's awesome that she's already spending time with other kids. :)

That's good, Mare!

She spent some time with a different girl outside the group yesterday. Some of the neighbor kids are over (not the girl she's feuding with), and I heard them discussing the situation. It seems like these other girls are not well liked.

I hope DD stays away from them. I think she's realizing it's not fun to be in with a clique when so many other people think the clique is a bunch of bitches.

Sounds to me as if she is making her way and learning just how things appear from the outside looking in. As the mom of two teenaged dds, I feel you and what you and she are going through. Unfortunately, there are no easy answers. You know where to find me if you need to commiserate or vent.

It's crazy. She is at another girl's house tonight who also got trashed by this core group of 4 girls. These mean girls had the password to a friend's Instagram account and logged on as him. They were then asking my DD questions about themselves as they posed as this other kid.

My DD was honest. She didn't trash them but said to this friend (or who she thought was this friend) that she was tired of the drama and fakeness. She was told this by another kid in the know. She said she didn't regret what she said as she was honest and didn't trash talk them.

It's like a fucking soap opera starring 14 year old kids!