Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HBO's Westworld

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    I think Bernard is a copy of "Arnold" and we might be seeing past interactions between the original Arnold(Bernard) and Delores and also future "Bernard" (copy) and Ford.

Looking back I now keep thinking that when certain interactions occur they seem to be consistent with who is in the background and who is not.

For example Bernard and Delores interactions are in "secret" might be scenes between "Arnold" and Delores. Then the scene where we find out Delores is more than thirty years old is between the security guy and the female technician.

I might be confusing myself also though
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I, too, though that Bernard was really Arnold. And that after he died, Ford made a robot version of him. That would make sense about the Bernard/Dolores scenes.

I think I need to bingewatch from the beginning even though I've watched every episode eleventy times.

HBO's Westworld

I need to rewatch this weeks episode because my wife and I were confused as to if the Man in Black died from getting his throat slit in that flash back?

I hate that we have to wait longer than normal for the second season because the hints at a bigger conspiracy involving the company that owns the park and why they are interested in the hosts has me super curious
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I feel like I have to rematch every episode. A couple of times.

Apparently multiple points in time is the big thing this season. Whatever happened to date subtitles?

Wayward Pines first season did multiple time lines really well

Ann Landers

Noticed over on Reddit somebody pointed out that Bernard Lowe is an anagram of Arnold Weber

Ann Landers

I just rewatched episode 1. I think we're right that Bernard is a copy of Arnold.

I've been rewatching episodes and reading the recaps on wikipedia. This is where the multiple timeline stories don't make sense:

Dolores returns home and finds her father murdered by a gang of bandits led by Rebus. Rebus drags Dolores to the barn to have his way with her, and Dolores begins to have flashbacks of her encounter in the same barn with the Man in Black. Visualizing the Man in Black in front of her, Dolores steals Rebus' gun, overcomes her programming, and shoots Rebus to death. She exits the barn just in time to see her mother murdered by the bandits, and flees. She comes across William and Logan in the forest before collapsing in William's arms.
    How could Dolores be having flashbacks of her rape by the Man in Black, and then stumble upon William afterwards if HE'S the MiB 30 years later?

I looked it up and the show creators say we assume she was raped but there is more to the scene. In the most current episode we see Delores is loosing a grip on what is the past or present. Maybe she experienced the usual story arc of getting dragged into the barn by Rebus so many times but this once it was the MiB.

The very first time we followed Dolores' scripted loop was in the pilot, when the Man in Black appeared at her house and killed both her father and Teddy before dragging her off to the barn. Though to many viewers the scene was insinuating a rape happening offscreen, Joy and Nolan reveal there might have been more to that particular moment.
    "There's a interesting moment when, right before Dolores finds it in herself to finally pull the trigger, she flashes back to that encounter with the Man in Black from the pilot," Joy explains. "We saw her dragged away but we didn't see what happened in the barn. And in that moment in episode three, we learn that maybe not everything was what it seemed in that scene."

In the flashback Dolores has, we see the Man in Black turn to Dolores while pulling out his knife. "Why don't we reacquaint ourselves, Dolores," he says. "Start at the beginning."

According to Joy, Dolores may have had something to do with the mysterious maze the Man in Black has been looking for. "What he says to her, it indicates that he's dragging her there because he' s looking for something," she says. "He's looking for a deeper level of the game, and he's going to do whatever he needs to do to get to it."

Ann Landers

Okay, but how can she have flashbacks of something that won't happen for another 30 years? She has the flashbacks in the barn, then gets away from Rebus and stumbles into the camp of William and Logan.