Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone successfully signed up for Obamacare yet?

Has anyone successfully signed up for Obamacare yet?

Just curious if anyone here has managed to sign up for Obamacare successfully? And by sign up I mean registered online, picked a plan, paid for the plan, gotten an ID card in the mail and gone to a doctor and had the bill paid by the insurance? Or at the very least, gotten an ID card and if your doctor called to verify benefits you would actually show up in the system correctly?

Just curious. I can't think of one person IRL who has successfully signed up, gotten ID cards, paid, verified coverage, etc.
    Nancy, mom to Spencer and Taylor

You mean purchased and used insurance from an exchange? I haven't been ill yet. I have several friends who have used their new plans in the last month. I also know a number more people who have gotten Medi-Cal and used that, and were added to their parents' plans and used that, but you seem to be limiting "Obamacare" to the insurance exchanges.
    No human being is illegal - Elie Wiesel

I'm curious about people buying insurance on the exchanges because those are the ones I've been reading about who have run into problems trying to use it. People who ended up on Medicaid probably aren't having those issues since Medicaid has been around for awhile. Same for those who went on or stayed on a parents plan.

Full Sponsor Asteroids Champion Chopper Challenge Champion Starship Legend Champion Rabbit Hunter Champion Mosquito Kill Champion Mission To Mars Champion Crazy Closet Champion Parachute Panic Champion Mini KickUps Champion Aski Champion Ping Champion V:force Champion Baldy Dash Champion Beach Ballin Champion Combo X999  Champion
    My wife bought insurance for herself through the exchange. We've paid her premiums and gotten an ID card.

Quote Originally Posted by STLouisMom9800 View Post
    I'm curious about people buying insurance on the exchanges because those are the ones I've been reading about who have run into problems trying to use it. People who ended up on Medicaid probably aren't having those issues since Medicaid has been around for awhile. Same for those who went on or stayed on a parents plan.
    So, why do you call the insurance exchanges "Obamacare" when the ACA expanded coverage in so many other ways as well?

The other ways the ACA expanded coverage have nothing to do with the question that I was asking. And I'm calling it Obamacare because it's commonly known as Obamacare and I feel like calling it Obamacare so I think I will continue to use that term. If it's confusing you too much you can either ask nicely for someone to explain it to you or you can just not respond to the thread.

The other ways the ACA expanded coverage have nothing to do with the question that I was asking. And I'm calling it Obamacare because it's commonly known as Obamacare and I feel like calling it Obamacare so I think I will continue to use that term. If it's confusing you too much you can either ask nicely for someone to explain it to you or you can just not respond to the thread.
    good luck with that
    It's your world, Niobe, we're just trying to live in it ~Mamapalooza

Full Sponsor Brain Spa 2 Champion Fanny's Avatar
    Has anyone successfully signed up for Obamacare yet?
    Nope, I haven't.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The Affordable Care Act is commonly known as Obamacare. The exchanges are commonly known as the exchanges.

I'll clarify for Niobe. STL's question is... Has anyone successfully signed up for an individual or family ACA-compliant plan through the Exchanges other than those whose incomes qualified them for Medicaid? If so, have they received an insurance card that they could present to a doctor? And, if they have such a card, was it accepted and were they able to get the insurance benefits to which they were entitled by making a payment?

I may have missed some minuscule nit, but, the fact that one has to go through such a detailed explanation to get their point across makes a point in and of itself.

STL's question was obvious. When the facts aren't on your side, pound the law. When the law is not on your side, pound the facts. When neither are on your side, pound the table.