Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Save 300

Help Me Save 300

Former NFL player Brian Holloway owns a farm house in a nearby town. Over Labor Day weekend, over 300 students from many area high schools broke into the house, which is vacant, and threw an epic bash. The house was trashed. Spray paint, urine on carpets, windows smashed- right now the estimate is about $20,000 worth of damage.

Of course the students posted live from the party on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc, etc. Brian Holloway has put these pictures, tweets, and names on this website.

The debate is that many of the parents took to local news and radio stations to voice their anger at Holloway for posting their child's name or image on his site. Many have threatened legal action. Of course, many of the students are claiming that they didn't know the house was vacant they were just going to a friend's house party. However, even if they didn't know they were breaking and entering or participated in the destruction of property, they for sure knew there was underage drinking and drug use.

FWIW, The school districts in my area are spread quite far apart for the most part. It's not impossible, but unusual for students at one school to be close buds with a student at a high school that's 25-30 minutes away. So, the I'm having trouble swallowing the whole "I was just going to a friend's house, I didn't know" defense. What say you? Is Brian Holloway in the wrong for posting these images?

He should have gone to the police. Posting all this shit on the internet will likely only hurt a criminal investigation.

not in a binder
    He isn't the one who put the pics out there in internet land. The parents should be angry at their kids and the kids should be angry at whichever kids put the pictures out there. Plus they should be mortified at their own stupidity.
    "Our job is not to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. Our job is to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless."

L.R Nost

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    He should have gone to the police. Posting all this shit on the internet will likely only hurt a criminal investigation.
    He has turned everything over to the Police.

Nihongo dame desu Hexxagon Champion Othello Champion Funky Pong Champion 13 is a Winner Champion Ancient Jewels Champion Apple Kabopple Champion Avalanche Suvival Mode Champion Balancing Act Champion Blosics Champion Bubble Gum Run Champion Car Shooting Champion Cash Machine Champion Chicken Throw Champion Country Bricks Champion Dawn of the Celebs Champion villanelle's Avatar
    I don't have a problem with what he did. I don't think criminal shaming is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I don't have a problem with what he did. I don't think criminal shaming is a bad thing.

Don't want your picture posted on the Internet while you commit a crime? Don't commit a crime. So easy.

Yeah, I'm having a difficult time working up sympathy for the kids.

It sucks when you screw up, and it sucks even harder when you screw up and there is photographic evidence of it out there. I totally understand that kids are morons who don't think five minutes ahead, and I think this might help them learn that their actions do have consequences. I suspect they didn't think about that while they were trashing someone else's property.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    No sympathy for the kids. But the "help me save" pitch seems very self-serving and offputting. Those kids are not his problem (anymore!). I'm fine with him aggregating all that social media shit in one place.

Also, he should have had someone smarter, more careful or better educated proofread that giant mess of text. It's riddled with errors.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

No sympathy at all. They posted the pics - he just shared them in context. And they didn't know it was an empty house, my ass. In a rural area, everyone knows shit like that. And even if it was a friend's house, it's not okay to trash it.

All that said, the site is a drama-heavy hot mess. No, I am not going to donate to help you fix up your insured second home. Are you fucking kidding me?