Meaning of Meeska Mooska?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meaning of Meeska Mooska?

A while back, a question was asked on the Parenting Forum about the meaning of these introductory words on the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" show.
    I'm of Slavic background and I speculate that these words are supposed to be words for "mouse" in different languages.
    In Serbian a word for mouse, is "mish" and a diminutive is "mishko". It would be sort of a "mousy" translation. Mickey Mouse is (mostly) endearing to every little kid in the World.
    So, I speculate that Meeska is supposed to be a Russian diminutive for this endearing Mouse. Of course the spelling is completely wrong. It's almost like magical code words!

(Now I know that this mouse may not be endearing to everyone, so I hope this does not offend anyone.)

Comment

This has to be the most off topic, and thus weird, introduction post I've ever seen on teh internets.
      "Oh, I'm not missing your point. I think your point is STUPID." ~Minnie

Comment

Crystal
        mommy to Hannah 5/99, Malachi 10/26/00, Chloe 10/20/03 and baby Jonas 10/19/06

Comment

Comment

It was not meant to be an introduction, I didn't know how to get to the Parenting Forum.

Comment

Welcome!

Just so you know, Cliff Clavin said that the harp is the grandfather of the modern day guitar. Yeah, it seems that early Minstrels were much larger people. Yeah, they had hands the size of small dogs.

Comment

Welcome
                sigpic

Comment

Er...uh...welcome and stuff?
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. - Dr. Seuss

Comment

“There is something wrong in this country; the judicial nets are so adjusted as to catch the minnows and let the whales slip through.” Eugene V. Debs

Comment

hi

Comment

When I was growing up, my sisters and I would call the spaghetti that stuck together stickyickyockies and would fight over who was going to get to eat them.

Comment

I always wondered where "Tisothee" was when singing "My Country, 'Tis Of Thee" . . . Maybe it's slavic.

Comment

I used to think that elemeno was the longest letter in the alphabet.

Comment

Working...
                            X