Jen Arnold of The Little Couple has cancer :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jen Arnold of The Little Couple has cancer :(

I was so sad to read about this! I absolutely ADORE watching The Little Couple, especially since they brought their son, Will, home from China. It's so nice to watch something so positive on TV nowadays. They just picked up their newest daughter from India, and in that same time frame, she was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer. She's undergoing chemo and radiation now, I really hope she can kick cancer's ass
    Where to find me
    @busybeestitchery (Instagram Handle - PLEASE follow us, it's my new baby!) and @Busybeestitcher (Twitter Handle)
    My Etsy Shop
    Facebook But don't mention WBTD, I don't want my relatives here
    BZB blog
    Beauty blog
    Pinterest

I read that a few days ago and was so sad to hear it. I googled it and wish I hadn't as it sounds like the stage 3 version has mets and I think that's got to make it harder to treat. I am so hoping she can beat this and enjoy her family. It is so wrong that the poor woman is pregnant for a few weeks and gets a cancer caused by pregnancy, uhhh. Hoping for her!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrapin View Post
      It is so wrong that the poor woman is pregnant for a few weeks and gets a cancer caused by pregnancy, uhhh. Hoping for her!
      I heard it was a rare form of cancer, I had no idea it was related to her pregnancy. My dd loves this show and told me about Jen a few days ago. We wish her the best.

Comment

I had no idea she was pregnant. They didn't think she could carry a pregnancy on the show.

Comment

It wasn't a planned pregnancy, I don't believe. It sounds like she miscarried fairly early into the pregnancy.

I feel so sad for her Whens he was in India picking up Zoey, she started to bleed, and after much discussion with her doctor, they decided she needed to come home So she had to fly home without Bill, Will, and Zoey She wasn't able to spend that time bonding with her new daughter, she didn't get to watch Will and Zoey get to know each other, or be the one to bring her home- all those moments which meant so much to her with Will. And now in these first months with her new daughter, she's stuck doing chemotherapy and being sick I hate cancer
          Where to find me
          @busybeestitchery (Instagram Handle - PLEASE follow us, it's my new baby!) and @Busybeestitcher (Twitter Handle)
          My Etsy Shop
          Facebook But don't mention WBTD, I don't want my relatives here
          BZB blog
          Beauty blog
          Pinterest

Comment

Oh, I didn't know any details. How incredibly sad.

Comment

How horrible. I love their show and they are both so strong, I hope that will carry them through this and she will be well.

I see they are going to cover the cancer on their show.

Comment

Originally posted by Maeve View Post
                I heard it was a rare form of cancer, I had no idea it was related to her pregnancy.

Choriocarcinoma

What a horrible thing for their family. We love this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanny View Post
                  Choriocarcinoma

What a horrible thing for their family. We love this show.
                  I just read your link. Life can be so unfair.

Comment

I have a friend who works with her and she said the prognosis is good. I really hope so

Comment

Well, this part from Fanny's link sounds hopeful:

Since gestational choriocarcinoma (which arises from a hydatidiform mole) contains paternal DNA (and thus paternal antigens), it is exquisitely sensitive to chemotherapy. The cure rate, even for metastatic gestational choriocarcinoma, is around 90-95%.

Comment

Working...
                      X